So apparently, I haven’t posted on here since July. I have a perfectly reasonable explanation:
Well, now that’s off my chest, let’s review a few things that have happened in the past 3 months:
- My baby boy is almost 2 years old. He is obsessed with Snoopy (“Doopy”) and socks. Also jumping.
- We decided to buy a house – and then realized how much a house costs. We are now accepting donations. Joking. Kind of.
- We bought Jonathan some new shoes. He loves them so much he’s started doing more athletic things. Also more jumping.
- I watched a round sausage of a wiener dog come barreling across the street toward me, belly almost hitting the ground, while its owner stood on the porch and shouted, “Stop! Come back! You’re making a fool out of yourself!”
- A bunch of my family members had babies! Yay for babies! They are all cute, of course. But not as cute as mine. Sorry.
- Everyone went back to school except for me. Muah ha ha.
- I signed up for a cooking class with a neighbor! Which means I now know how to make delicious pumpkin curry soup and rosemary shortbread (which is actually pretty delicious.)
- I discovered that adult-sized onesies are apparently a thing now. This is not okay, America.
- I also discovered the most delicious pot-stickers in Provo. CupBop. 3 dumplings for $2. Easily the best I’ve ever had.
- Ethan got rejected for a management job because he didn’t have managing experience. When he asked how to get managing experience if nobody will hire him as a manager, the interviewer shrugged and said, “You’re stuck!”
- Ethan got promoted to Assistant Manager.
- Jonathan decided that “bean doup” (bean soup… aka warm beans in water) was not for him, despite having begged for them. Cold beans, however, are totally fine. Just not the soup.
- I discovered I’m not half bad at making bread.
- We watched the LDS General Conference, loved it, and heard almost half of it over the sound of a two-year-old playing with plastic cups.
- Ethan set a goal to read the whole Book of Mormon this month, inspired by said conference. I set a goal to exercise and study something – because apparently that’s what I’m most motivated to do when I’m really inspired.
- We also set goals for spooky Halloween reading. Ethan’s reading Dracula and Frankenstein, while I read Something Wicked This Way Comes, Macbeth, and a few short story collections. Ethan is rocking it. I am falling rather far behind.
- I taught John to jump on crunchy leaves.
- John fell off of two picnic benches (on different days), and landed on his head. No permanent damage.
- We discovered tikka masala potato chips. Which led to our discovering tikka masala recipes. Indian food is so freaking delicious.
- I cut my own hair. It took me about two hours, and it looks good enough to go out in public. Not good enough to escape mockery from a hairdresser friend, however. So…. 6/10. ♦