Lest I should only use this blog for venting and book reviews, I think I should point out a few things that make me happy.
- It’s sunny today. Not just like, “Oh, look. The sun.” It’s a genuinely sunshiney kind of day. I went for a walk (to the end of the block, which is about as far as my baby belly will allow at this point), sat on a low stone wall and read a book, soakin’ up some rays. It felt great.
- I’m nearly finished with a manuscript for a full-fledged book! That means I could actually get this thing published or something!
- Know what I had for lunch today? Thanksgiving. In a tortilla. Stuffing, potatoes, gravy, turkey lunch-meat, and cranberry sauce, all rolled up into a tortilla. Thanksgiving taco.
- Jurassic World is coming out on my birthday. I’m so excited for these dinosaurs.
- This baby will be here in a month!
- I don’t have to give birth to this baby for another month!
- We have an apartment with ample room for this baby!
- This picture has been my computer desktop for the past few months or so:
Just look at this little guy. He’s adorable! He’s got that little sweater. I feel like the Hamster in a Sweater is probably my spirit animal.
- Ethan will be done student teaching this week. Also, he got an extension on some of his homework, so he shouldn’t be keeling over dead anytime soon. I’m quite happy about this.
- Nobody – I repeat, nobody – in our house is deathly ill right now. I am fine. Ethan is fine. Baby is wiggly.
- There’s Christmas cookies everywhere!
- Oh, right – Christmas!! ♦